Customize Your Web (CYW) let’s you customize your favorite websites with just a few clicks. All changes are done with an easy to use “WYSWIG” editor (What you see is what you get).
The basic principle is as follows: If you want to customize a website you open the edit mode and create a “script” consisting of a series of actions and a defintion for which site the script should be applied. The script with its actions is then executed after every load of the website. Everything is done in a visual editor.
The scripts can be edited and modified at any time by just toggling again into the edit mode.
Customization capabilities includes
- Removal and rearrangement of elements (cut / copy / paste behavior)
- Modifying of elements in every possible way (changing size, color, default values ect.)
- Definition of shortcuts / shortstrings for any clickable element (shortstrings are multi-character shortcuts, e.g. “SO” for a “Sign out” Button)
- Keyboard navigation support for any list of elements (e.g. the result entries of search)
- Definition of small macros which are triggered by shortcut
- Automatically triggering actions on page load (e.g. for automatic click on a login button or focusing a special field)